- The Plan
- 1 Watershed Community Initiative
- 2-1 Watershed Inventory
- 2-2 Subwatershed Summary
- 2-3 Subwatershed Summary and Rankings
- 3 Identify Problems
- 4 Identify Causes, Sources and Load Reductions
- 5 Set Goals and Identify Critical Areas
- 6 – Measures/BMPs to Apply
- Section 7 – Action Register and Schedule
- Section 8 – Tracking Effectiveness Evaluating Plan Performance
House Speaker Brian Bosma & Representative Sean Eberhart,
The Geist Watershed Alliance urges you to request a hearing on HB 1032 Phosphorus-free Lawn Fertilizers at this year’s session.
Indiana water resources face many challenges. Most Indiana lakes and rivers face nutrient overloading and algae blooms — which could cut down on recreation, tourism dollars, and property values. These blooms pose a health risk to your community; contact with the water can lead to dermatitis (rashes and itchy skin), and some of the toxins can cause liver toxicity and neurotoxicity.
HB 1032 will reduce the amount of phosphorus making its way into our waterways. Taking action on this bill will help minimize one significant source of phosphorus impairing our waterways.
Thank you for your support.