The Articles, TownePosts, and Comments to these are intended to inspire community and lively discussion. Not everyone in your neighborhood will share your views 100%, so be considerate of their opinions and interests. What’s important to you is probably of interest to others—if your neighbors don’t know about something, they’ll appreciate if you share your knowledge. The community and its users will decide what the site becomes, but it is not intended to be a free-for-all. For the benefit of all, the following Neighborhood Rules will apply:
1. Registration is free. Anonymous posts are not allowed. You must register with atGeist.com in order to post content or comments.
2. We prefer that you use your real name for posting on the site, and recommend that you do so, but you are free to adopt a member name if you prefer. If you do not use your real name, we require that you fill in the “optional” information during your registration.
Guidelines for User Behavior
1. Please treat everyone as if they were your next-door neighbor.
2. Language and content should be appropriate for all ages.
3. Don’t use ALL CAPS when you type, it is considered “YELLING”.
4. Please respect others’ rights to their opinions; understand that there may be many other sides to the story.
Guidelines for Writing a TownePost
1. Please keep it local or of local interest.
2. You’re helping your friends and neighbors. When you share your thoughts and opinions, think about things that you’d want to know about that topic.
3. Please post information or comments in the most appropriate category; don’t post in multiple places.
4. Commercial promotions are limited to the Towne Directory or Classifieds. Do not post coupons, advertisements, or other self-promoting content in the TownePosts area.
5. Press releases are allowed, but use your judgment—it may be better to post a less formal description of what you want to promote, or to list it in the events calendar. Outright promotions may not go over well with the general community.
6. Simple web links (URLs), photos, logos, and e-mail addresses may be included in TownePosts. Please be careful about posting your personal information. Share what you want, but understand that it can be seen by all. Also, please respect the privacy of others by not posting their personal information on our site without their explicit permission.
Rules and Responsibilities
1. Contributors are responsible for what they say.
2. Your words and images must be your own or ones you have permission to use; respect the rights of trademark and copyright holders.
3. Do not pretend to be someone else and don’t post or comment on behalf of someone else.
4. By submitting content, you agree that atGeist can publicly post it and that others may comment on it, both in print and online. You will be able to edit or delete your TownePost, Classified, or Event after putting it online.
5. Personal attacks are not allowed. Do not harass or threaten, question the motives behind others’ TownePosts or comments, deliberately inflame or disrupt the conversation, or air personal grievances about other members of the community.
6. Do not post profane, sexually explicit, tortuous, vulgar, obscene, libelous, abusive, misleading or unlawful material, or any material that infringes the rights of others or interferes with the ability of others to enjoy atGeist.com.
7. Do not post digitally altered photographs or video.
8. Spam or multiple copies of the same post or comment will not be tolerated.
9. We may edit, delete, or reject any content that, in our judgment, violates these Neighborhood Rules, and may terminate the account of any member who posts such content or otherwise violates these Neighborhood Rules.